As soon as the first tooth appears above the gum line, it needs to be cared for. The keys to tooth brushing for kids depends on making sure their teeth are well taken care of as they cannot brush them by themselves. Listed below are some keys to tooth brushing for kids:
– Help your child’s oral health by feeding them healthy meals free of tooth-damaging ingredients such as sugar.
– For optimum oral health care in your child, as soon as their first tooth erupts above the gum line, it is essential to begin brushing their mouth twice daily until they come of age to do the task themselves.
– You should strive to bring your child in to see their pediatrician for an oral examination and cleaning before they are one year’s old.
– For each brushing session, use a smidgen of toothpaste roughly the size of a grain of rice.
– Never share toothbrushes or other dental cleaning tools with a child, as it can transfer bacteria to their mouths.
If you would like to schedule a meeting with Victoria Pediatric Dental & Orthodontics, simply call our pediatric office at (361) 433-4704 for an appointment in Victoria, TX. Dr. Dr. Manshadi, Dr. Roden-Johnson, Dr. Afridi, and Dr. Rugama and the rest of our team look forward to helping correct your child’s smile so it can shine brightly for many years to come!